Verify your work from home website or blog with Google Webmaster tools. This is very important. Don't get me wrong it wont increase your page rank or improve your standings in the search results. But the the stats you get from them tell you things like. What searchers your websites or Blogs appear in. subscribers to you RSS feeds. Inbound and outbound links. Crawl errors such as restricted urls HTTP errors. Even Html errors.
Verifying your site is pretty straight forward. To add and verify a site:
- Sign into Google Webmaster Tools with your Google Account.
- Click Add a site, and type the URL of the site you want to add. Make sure you type the entire URL, such as http://www.example.com/
- Click Continue. The Site verification page opens.
- (Optional) In the Name box, type a name for your site (for example, My Blog).
- Select the verification method you want.
- Meta tag: We will ask you to add a meta tag with a unique value to your site's home page. This is the easiest solution if editing your home page's HTML is easier than uploading new files. In addition, this solution lets you easily verify sites you've created using Google Sites.
- HTML file: We will ask you to create a file with a specific name and upload it to a specific directory on your webserver. The file can be empty—Google cares only about the file's location, not about its content.